Installing Python 3 on a Mac with an M1 chip is similar to installing it on any other Mac. Here are the steps to install Python 3.11 on a Mac with an M1 chip using the Homebrew package manager:
- Open the Terminal application on your Mac. You can find it in the Applications > Utilities folder.
- Install Homebrew by entering the following command in the Terminal.
Read Also: How to install python 3.11 on Mac using brew
Install python 3 on mac M1
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/main/install.sh)"
- Once Homebrew is installed, use it to install Python 3.11 by running this command:
brew install [email protected]"
- Verify the installation by running the command:
This should display the version of Python that you just installed.
- To use python 3, you can use
python3command in the terminal, if you want to make python3 as default use the command
echo 'alias python=python3' >> ~/.bash_profile
Please note that python 3.11 is the latest version of python at the time of my knowledge cutoff, If this version is not available you can use the latest version.
python 3 on mac M1