In this tutorial, I will show you how to check the show current release version in capistrano.
Capistrano is a remote server automation tool.
It supports the scripting and execution of arbitrary tasks and includes a set of sane-default deployment workflows.
Capistrano can be used to:
- Reliably deploy web application to any number of machines simultaneously, in sequence or as a rolling set
- To automate audits of any number of machines (checking login logs, enumerating uptimes, and/or applying security patches)
- To script arbitrary workflows over SSH
- To automate common tasks in software teams.
- To drive infrastructure provisioning tools such as chef-solo, Ansible or similar.
Capistrano is also very scriptable and can be integrated with any other Ruby software to form part of a larger tool.
Read Also: How to install Postgres 9.6 on centos 7
Show Current release version in Capistrano
You can use the following rake to get the current release version of the Capistrano. You just need to create a file in config/lib/capistrano/tasks/list_release.rake
After creating a file copy the following and add into the file and save the file.
namespace :list do desc 'Show deployed revision' task :release do on roles(:app) do execute "ls -ltr /var/www/test-tofu.homify.de/current" end end end
Check the current release version
After creating a rake file now it’s time to check the current release version. Execute the following command:
cap stage-name list:release
If the tutorial will be helpful please fund me on the following link. I will be very thankful.
Raspberry PI 3 Model B 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU, 1GB RAM
Read Also: Create ruby on rails app using docker and docker-compose
Leave a Reply